[Web4lib] Microsoft's Toolkit for Public - Use PC's

McMorris,Don dmcmorris at sals.edu
Thu Jul 28 19:06:10 EDT 2005

I personally installed the toolkit on a family computer.  We have numerous spyware/virii issues on it, so I installed the tool kit for the hard drive protection.  I have not used any of the other tools, but they appear fairly simple to use.

For the hard drive protection, it is required that you have a separate partition on your hard drive.  This may be fairly complex to set up.  A missed click, and your hard drive could be erased in an instant!

The documentation that comes with the toolkit seems pretty thorough.  I don't remember if it is available separately, or if you have to install the toolkit in order to access it.  But, reading though that will give you all the information that you should need.

If I can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

--Don
------------------------
Donald J McMorris Jr.
Assistant Librarian
Bancroft Public Library
181 South Main St
PO Box 515
Salem, NY 12865
Phone/Fax: (518) 854-7463
www.slibrary.org
XIZ / SALS-SLM

Sent: Thu 7/28/2005 11:24 AM
Subject: [Web4lib] Microsoft's Toolkit for Public - Use PC's
Has anyone looked at this?  Any comment would be great.  I know it is in
beta, but is it going to be easy to implement / use? Will Microsoft really
support it and correct problems?  I could see my group using this, maybe,
depending on how difficult it would be to manage.  We have no IT within our
group, and I have limited jsp/html/xml coding experience.