[Web4lib] Software for an internal dictionary?

Bret Parker Bret.Parker at ci.stockton.ca.us
Mon Jul 25 13:55:39 EDT 2005

This is probably off the mark for your purposes but I have watched the work of this group from a distance over the years:

http://www.sil.org/computing/catalog/show_software_catalog.asp?by=key&name=Lexicon%2FDictionary

Might possibly be useful. Please post to the list if you find other responses helpful.

>>> <cruby at micron.com> 7/25/2005 9:43 AM >>>
Does anyone know if there is a program that will allow you to set up a
dictionary on your intranet?  We don't need a Webster's type dictionary.
We want to develop a dictionary of terms specific to our company and
industry.  We have one now that was developed internally, using Access I
believe, but it doesn't allow for linking from one term to another and
we consistently have problems with it.  Even if we say "see such and
such" we can't provide a link but have to do another term search.  Our
in-house programmers don't have time to completely revamp the dictionary
so we wondered if there is a program that can be purchased for this
purpose.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give.

Carolyn

Carolyn Ruby-Weilage
Micron Research Library
Micron Technology