[Web4lib] Software for an internal dictionary?

cruby at micron.com cruby at micron.com
Mon Jul 25 12:43:07 EDT 2005

Does anyone know if there is a program that will allow you to set up a
dictionary on your intranet?  We don't need a Webster's type dictionary.
We want to develop a dictionary of terms specific to our company and
industry.  We have one now that was developed internally, using Access I
believe, but it doesn't allow for linking from one term to another and
we consistently have problems with it.  Even if we say "see such and
such" we can't provide a link but have to do another term search.  Our
in-house programmers don't have time to completely revamp the dictionary
so we wondered if there is a program that can be purchased for this
purpose.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give.

Carolyn

Carolyn Ruby-Weilage
Micron Research Library
Micron Technology