[Web4lib] How to label the OPAC (was: Role of the OPAC)

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Jul 25 12:34:18 EDT 2005

We made the changes in our website based on user studies that have been
mentioned here in the past and also based on articles that look at
usability research.  All of these articles have been cited others on
this list before so I will not take the time to locate them.  Action
verbs are important in understanding what a tool does.  I have not had a
question in a long time in where do I go to find a book.  I used to get
them all of the time.  This is not dumbing down the library website
either, this is reaching out to our users and talking in terms they find
easier to understand.