[Web4lib] How to label the OPAC

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:08:06 EDT 2005

Well, although the catalog may physically cover more than books, that's an
artifact of what objects were placed into the catalog; it does not
necessarily describe how users of the catalog perceive things. It is a very
different thing to want to find a book than to want to find a magazine. And
it is a very different thing to seek to download a full-text resource versus
wanting to do a tradtional search for an item in the local collection.
 So you could have:
 -- Find a book in the East Overshoe Library collection
-- Find a magazine or journal in the East Overshoe collection
-- Find a book that we can borrow from the Greater Overshoe Library
Collective
-- Find and download an article from the Overshoe Regional Research Database
 ... etc.
 /rich