[Web4lib] Lists of web search terms?

Tito Sierra tito_sierra at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:51:02 EDT 2005

Hello Carolyn,

Even if you could find the best search terms and your customer added
them to their website, would this accomplish the goal to getting
these students to actually visit the website?  For searches such as
"computer science internships" (or even "materials science
internships") you're going to get a lot of results in a search engine
like google, and the likelihood that their website will be on the
first page or two of results may be very small.  This is why many
websites pay to appear as sponsored links in Google for searches like
this.

I would second Richard Wiggins' advice of suggesting a focus group to
see how students actually search for jobs and internships in these
fields.  If you get some agreement on what channels are used by this
audience to find jobs, your customer can tailor their online
marketing efforts for these channels.

Tito