[Web4lib] Lists of web search terms?

cruby at micron.com cruby at micron.com
Wed Jul 20 16:17:45 EDT 2005

Please excuse the cross-posting.

I am stumped on where to look for answers to a question our library
received.  Our customer wants to know if there is a list of web search
terms commonly used by their target audience,  students currently
enrolled as juniors and seniors at universities who are majoring in
electrical engineering, computer engineering, chemical engineering, or
materials science.

Basically, I think what my customer wants to do is add meta-tags to our
website so that it will be one of the results when the students are
searching the web for internships and jobs.  This would supplement the
on campus recruiting we already do.  I know that articles have been
written on how to get people to come to your website but I've not been
able to locate anything that addresses what kinds of terms should be
used when designing your web site, especially for such a specific
audience.  Is there anything, to your knowledge, that might help?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions you can provide!

Carolyn

Carolyn Ruby-Weilage
Micron Research Library
Micron Technology