[Web4lib] Blog and podcast background info?

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 18 23:40:28 EDT 2005

The very same Searcher magazine that I mentioned in my reply to the next new
thing that Bernie posted published an article in its June 2005 titled
"Saying "I Do" to Podcasting: Another "Next Big Thing" for Librarians?" by
Laura Gordon-Murnane (http://www.infotoday.com/searcher/jun05/index.shtml).
It's not available online for free, but can be purchased through Information
Today or obtained through some of the full-text databases.

I also listed several podcasting resources and tools on my blog (use this
URL to see them all and click on each entry title to read the full entry
http://www.davidmattison.ca/wordpress/index.php?s=podcasting).

I also wrote an article for Searcher that appeared in the February 2003
issue on RSS and blogging
(http://www.infotoday.com/searcher/feb03/index.shtml) and have a resource
page on blogs, RSS/Atom and wikis on my Tiki Wiki Hut
(http://www.davidmattison.ca/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Blogs-Atom-RSS-Wikis),
which includes suggested print and online reading resources.

Wikipedia will also, of course, have fairly authoritative information,
assuming no one's vandalized or skewed the entries while you happen to be
reading them, on any of these topics (e.g.,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast). In fact, for any of this hi-tech/next
new/big thing stuff, Wikipedia's as good an online source as any to get
others' opinions.

David Mattison
Victoria, BC, Canada
dmattison at shaw.ca