[Web4lib] PHP/MYSQL calendar recommendations?

Brian Myers bmyers at wilmette.lib.il.us
Mon Jul 18 15:22:50 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I would appreciate receiving any recommendations for an events calendar
to run in a PHP/MySQL environment. I am interested in setting up dynamic
links to events records on our home page, as well as a dynamic monthly
and weekly display and an automated "weekly reminder" distribution list.
Our Web site redesign is scheduled to launch in September, and it is my
hope to find a stable open source application that can be customized and
presented in connection with the launch. We are currently working with a
consortium-hosted MySQL v.3.23.56 (upgrading to v.4.1 in a couple weeks)
and PHP 4.3.

I'm very eager to hear of any stable -- and customizable -- applications
that you've had success with (or of any applications you'd warn me to
stay clear of). If you can share any information about your own calendar
projects, features or functionality, or any advice whatsoever, I'd be
most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Brian W. Myers

Reference Librarian and Web Manager

Wilmette Public Library