[Web4lib] Next new thing?

fiona bradley blisspix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 02:57:47 EDT 2005

Vlogs! Though I think their impact will be limited, since it requires
more bandwidth and hardware than podcasting, and requires you to sit
in fron tof a screen (whether computer or television). Though their
potential in providing alternatives to current television programming
and bringing existing community television programs to a wider
audience is enormous. It's also great that so many vloggers have all
of their work archived by the Internet Archive - which didn't happen
automatically with blogs or podcasts.

I see the potential for more video artists to distribute their work
via vlogs, too, instead of just showing their work in galleries.

Adrian Miles from RMIT has a fascinating blog on vlogging -
http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vlog/

regards,
Fiona