[Web4lib] Next new thing?

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 16 10:24:51 EDT 2005

I wasn't going to weigh in on this, since predictions on the "big
new thing" are usually so inaccurate (especially by me), but I
think there is a large trend now towards personalization,
localization and contextualization.  my.yahoo.com is taking this
approach, A9 (as was discussed in another thread) allows you to
add search result "contexts", google.com/ig, etc.

I would also have lump Firefox's Greasemonkey extension in here as
it allows you to view the web as you want to.

We seems to be moving towards a "live globally, think locally" model.

Sign me up.
-Ross.

On Fri, July 15, 2005 5:16 pm, Sloan, Bernie said:
> First we had blogging, and then podcasting.
>
> What's the next new up-and-coming thing along these lines?
>
> Bernie Sloan
> Senior Information Systems Consultant
> Consortium of Academic & Research Libraries in Illinois
> 616 E. Green Street, Suite 213
> Champaign, IL  61820-5752
>
> Phone: (217) 333-4895
> Fax:   (217) 265-0454
> E-mail: bernies at uillinois.edu

        This email was composed using the GTEL Webmail client.

to  which  it  is  addressed  and  may  contain  confidential  and/or
priviledged  material. Any  review, retransmission,  dissemination or
other  use  of, or  taking  of any  action  in  reliance  upon, this
information  by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited.

           Georgia Tech Library and Information Center
                  http://www.library.gatech.edu