[Web4lib] RE: Another Google question

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:15:59 EDT 2005

I'd have to say that google/yahoo/etc tend to do fine for both search
types at least for me. The "known items" tend to be the easiest but
the conceptual I can usually get with one or two revisions of my
keywords. I'll do a search, scan the first few results and modify my
search if need be based on what I see.

This isn't the case for everyone, of course. I have friends that will
be searching for hours, tell me what they want and I find it in a few
seconds. Choosing the right keywords can be difficult especially since
I know many people for who english isn't their first language. I think
this is a skill though that can help people in academic databases and
the like and so is very useful outside of google.

Ryan