[Web4lib] CSS Problems

Jeph Remley jremley at lms.kent.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:24:13 EDT 2005

Looks like the vertical line is actually attached to the .contents_box
(with the books image and "How to Find a Book at the Library" etc text),
  and the .next_box (which has "begin>>" in it) ALSO has a border-left
style.  So these are each getting a blue line on their left side.

You might consider removing the border-left from the .next_box, and move
the .next_box div inside the .contents_box (just after the closing table
tag).  See if that gets you on the right track.

You could also get rid of border-left on the .contents_box and instead
put the same style as border-right on the .sidebar (containing the
navigation), but it's more likely your .contents_box will alway be
longer than the navigation, and the blue line is only going to be as
long as the div it's attached to...  If you put it on the .sidebar,
you'll probably find it doesn't always extend as far down as the content
of the page.  (This is the quick and simple explanation - there are more
involved ways to achieve this, but your quick and easy method that
should work most of the time is to just have the border-left blue line
on the .contents_box and do away with the .next_box blue line)

Jeph Remley
Libraries & Media Services
Kent State University