[Web4lib] CSS Problems

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:07:38 EDT 2005

I am using a page as a template and modifying it to fit my own information. It was created (not by me) entirely in CSS (instead of tables), and I am experiencing some problems. When adding items to the menu on the left, the vertical divider line (between the menu and main content) and bottom horizontal menu appear to shift (when viewed in Internet Explorer). I can't figure out why. I also can't even figure out what part of the style sheet is creating the divider line.

The URL: http://www.waketech.edu/~library/tutorials/
(If it asks for a user name and password, they are library and dewey.)

The style sheet is located at http://www.waketech.edu/~library/tutorials/style.css

Perhaps someone more proficent than I at CSS can tell me what is causing this.

Thanks!

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS
Web Services Librarian
Bruce I. Howell Library