[Web4lib] Google limit of 1,000 results

Jenne Heise jahb at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jul 12 11:55:45 EDT 2005

>It's intriguing that Attila the Search Engine makes that cut-off so low. I'm
>assuming we're one of the few groups that care about this (though as groups
>go, we should be).  One wonders how much of the Google world is smoke and
>mirrors (or two twelve-year-olds in a garage).

Does this phrase sound familiar?
"*This search has been interrupted because it will return more than
1,000 documents."*
Lexis-Nexis.
I'm  beginning to see a trend:
- missing data
- wierd search and relevance algorigthms
- database coverage subject to the Schroedinger uncertainty principle
- drives librarians nuts
- users become addicted and have to be forcibly changed over to another
database
- costs a lot of money and requires a lot of training... oh, wait,
that's just Lexis/Nexis...

-- Jenne Heise