[Web4lib] Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki

Blake Carver lists at lisnews.com
Fri Jul 8 09:07:05 EDT 2005

1-2-3-4 I declare a Wiki War!

Personally I prefer liswiki.com because it's wide open and can cover just
about anything dealing with LIS things. LISWiki can cover best practices,
and much more. The Library Success is focused, which is a good thing as
well. There's nothing wrong with either approach, though I find the more
general nature of LISWiki more useful. Generally I think wikis do better
if they're more general.

So I say every librarian with a good idea (and some free time) can
contributing to both! That's the good thing about wikis.

-Blake Carver
LISNews.com & LISHost.org
and in no way affiliated with LISWiki or LISPodcasts

Alec:
>I think the Library Success wiki will win out, if it comes to that.
>Unlike the other, the Library Success wiki has a clearer purpose.

Bill:
> Actually, I see no purpose to the www.LISwiki.com site at all.  The
> Library Success site has a central idea and focus that will attract
> content and users.

David:
> Shouldn't every librarian with a good idea also be contributing to the
> Library and Information Science Wiki (http://www.liswiki.com) started by
> John Hubbard? Will there be a wiki war or a wiki merger? Interesting that
> they're both using the same software that powers Wikipedia.

-Blake Carver
LISNews.com