[Web4lib] Another Google question

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Tue Jul 5 18:09:26 EDT 2005

This is a much more serious issue than the hit count problem. The
fact that you can use this product as instructed, and it is unable to
function as advertised is inexplicable. I've often wondered why
people (and especially librarians) are so eager to give Google a
"pass" that they would never give to Microsoft. Sure, I use Google a
lot, and for what I use it for it can be very effective. But that
doesn't mean I'm rendered blind to its shortcomings. As you've
demonstrated, these shortcomings can be serious and substantial. It
would be great to have one spot that identifies all of these
searching issues, but unfortunately I can't take it on.
Roy