SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN - AUGUSTA, MAINE

mmitchel at brazosport.edu mmitchel at brazosport.edu
Mon Jan 10 08:56:11 EST 2005

I'm posting this position announcement for my former director in Maine. I
don't have anything to do with the hiring so contact them! I will say this
is a great spot for an innovative individual that values both autonomy and
the support of a really great staff. Augusta is a good sized town that is
centrally located and is a nice place to live with some pretty low cost
housing. I only left the position to return to Texas where I also have
family.

Mike Mitchell
Lake Jackson, TX

SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN - LITHGOW PUBLIC LIBRARY, AUGUSTA, MAINE

Lithgow Public Library is seeking an innovative librarian to support
existing systems and technology, introduce new formats and applications,
and to facilitate public access to information resources.  Responsibilities
include network management, troubleshooting, planning and implementation of
new technology to meet the needs of users, coordination of the library's
web presence, and routine security and hardware maintenance.  The
successful candidate will have an ALA-accredited MLS, a team-oriented
approach, strong analytical, organizational and communications skills,
knowledge of Linux and various Windows operating systems, and solid
understanding of public library systems and operations.  Experience with
III Millennium software a plus.
Submit a cover letter, a resume and 3 current references to:  Human
Resources, City of Augusta, 16 Cony St., Augusta, ME, 04330.  For a
complete job description or more information, contact Elizabeth Pohl,
Library Director at (207)626-2415 or e-mail betsy at lithgow.lib.me.us
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer