Cites & Insights 5:2 available

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Wed Jan 12 10:37:58 EST 2005

Just in time for Midwinter, Cites & Insights 5:2 (Midwinter 2005) is
available for downloading at
http://cites.boisestate.edu/civ5i2.pdf

The 22-page issue, PDF as always, sports a fresh new look (dating back
to 1919--my alma mater has great taste in typefaces) and includes:

* Trends & Quick Takes: The hazy crystal ball (a roundup of tech and
library tech forecasts) and a few quicker takes

* Bibs & Blather: Why this issue appears when it does--and some notes
about the format changes.

* Interesting & Peculiar Products: eight in all

* Perspective: Looking Back 2: Trends and Perspectives, 2001-2004. The
longer "second half" of the ten-year retrospective, covering the first
56 issues of Cites & Insights.

Reminder: Program and conference reports invited. I already anticipate a
few from Midwinter (and elsewhere); more are welcome. Check
http://cites.boisestate.edu/reporting.htm
for more information.