Web Editing solutions for sites with many authors

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Feb 17 19:22:58 EST 2005

The programmer in me feels that I could write a better CMS than anything I've
seen to date, GIVEN THE TIME (I'm sure your geeks feel the same way).  But
time is something that we all lack of course, so I'm looking for a good open
source product.

Specifically, have any of you tried:

  Drupal (http://www.drupal.org/)
  Typo3 (http://typo3.com/)
  OpenCms (http://www.opencms.org/)
  Bricolage (http://www.bricolage.cc/)

I've only had a cursory look at the features and demos of these, but all 4
seem pretty decent.  I'm currently leaning toward Drupal or Typo3 -- I
installed OpenCms, but I think it's a bit complicated for our user base.  I'd
be interested in hearing real life experiences from any past or current users
of the above.

For those fortunate enough to have programmers with some free time to work on
a CMS system (Karen Schneider et al) do you have plans to make your code
available?

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan