[WEB4LIB] library marketing was RE: Google Mail invitations? Any takers?

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Thu Feb 17 15:41:19 EST 2005

MargaretHenderson at comcast.net wrote:

> I was trying to figu=
>re
>out what group of users at a hospital, university (or where ever your gr=
>oup
>is) would be the best to target with new ideas.  How can we make library
>services as trendy as Gogle mail?
>Margaret Henderson

I've always thought we should exploit the affinity between commuting
(especially by public transportation) and libraries. I've always been
impressed by the number of people reading on buses and trains. I think
there needs to be a mini library outlet at every major transit station,
and around large parking lots.

--
kcoyle at kcoyle.net http://www.kcoyle.net