[WEB4LIB] library marketing was RE: Google Mail invitations? Any takers?

MargaretHenderson at comcast.net MargaretHenderson at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 15:14:45 EST 2005

I have been thinking about library marketing as well, after reading the book
Tipping Point:How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm
Gladwell.  It talks of all sorts of different ways to take something from
little known to a full-fledged fad.  One of the things I found interesting
was how one woman used hairdressers in beauty parlors to spread breast
cancer awarenessin a community.  This worked much better than other methods,
like informational lectures after church services.  I was trying to figure
out what group of users at a hospital, university (or where ever your group
is) would be the best to target with new ideas.  How can we make library
services as trendy as Gogle mail?
Margaret Henderson
Midlothian, VA