[WEB4LIB] Looking for Internet Website Reference Sources

shood at colacoll.edu shood at colacoll.edu
Thu Feb 17 15:14:37 EST 2005

Dear Fellow Web4libbers:

I am a reference librarian/webmaster at a small academic library and I
am looking for a source(s) which will give me the 'latest and greatest',
as it were, in Internet websites under various subject listings, such as
History, English & Lit., Women's Studies, etc. - topics that are
oriented for the college student conducting research. Some of my
websites are dated and so I"m having to do some virtual weeding. But I
would like to replace some of what I weed with other good sites.

Most of what I'm finding is rather serendipitous: hearing about a new
website on the news, from a colleague. I'm fairly new to the profession
and am not sure where to turn for a reliable, up-to-date source of the
latest and greatest reference websites.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Sarah Hood