[WEB4LIB] Re: Hold Everything! Google Scholar *Preferences*

Binkley, Peter Peter.Binkley at ualberta.ca
Thu Feb 17 14:40:47 EST 2005

It looks like they're only building an openurl if they have an
identifier such as a doi or a PubMed id to put in it.  Pretty primitive
compared to where Ross has taken Wag the Dog. But maybe we should fix
the plugin to spot those Google-generated openurl links, replace the
text anchor with your institution's button, and insert Wag the Dog's
link in the same position if Google doesn't supply one. (Not that I have
time to do any of this...)

Peter

Peter Binkley
Digital Initiatives Technology Librarian
Information Technology Services
4-30 Cameron Library
University of Alberta Libraries
Edmonton, Alberta