[WEB4LIB] Google scanning project: Interesting Chicago Tribune article

Junus, Ranti junus at mail.lib.msu.edu
Fri Feb 25 13:38:45 EST 2005

Thanks for sharing this.

After reading the article, I am not sure if the current search result model that Google employs (list all) would still be useful when they're done with this digitization project.   The librarian part in me sez: I prefer to see the result grouped into several categories (just like Teoma, Vivisimo, Grokker, or the ol' Northen Light.)  Another part of me (would probably just like typical search users) would like to see everything and then refine my search later.  Dunno...

I'd be interested to know the "what's next" portion of this project.

ranti.

--
Ranti Junus - Systems
 100 Main Library W441