[WEB4LIB] Looking for Internet Website Reference Sources

Popp, Mary F. popp at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 16 23:11:07 EST 2005

Hi!  In addition to all of the good sites already mentioned, you will
want to take a look at the MARS Best Free Websites at:

http://www.ala.org/MARSmainTemplate.cfm?Section=MARS

The lists are under the Publications Section of the site.

Compiled by a committee of librarians from MARS (the Machine Assisted
Reference Section) of RUSA (in ALA), this annual list identifies the
best ready reference free web sites.  The 2004 list has just been
published and earlier lists are also found at the web site.  There is a
combined index of titles from 1999-2004.

The sites are chosen based on clear criteria
(http://www.ala.org/ala/rusa/rusaourassoc/rusasections/mars/marspubs/mar
sbestrefcriteria.htm

All titles are cataloged by the Library of Congress.

If you are interested in the work of MARS and would like to be a part of
the work of the MARS Best Committee, please contact me.

Mary
Mary Pagliero Popp, Library Information Technology
(Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect of MARS)
Library E456, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
812-855-8170    FAX: 812-856-4979  popp at indiana.edu