[Web4lib] Library Elf reveals user info

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Dec 28 14:45:43 EST 2005

Understand the possible utility of LE if your system doesn't provide
all the services that some do, but if your system does what ours does:
1. Notices sent by email three days before books due
2. Overdue notices sent promptly
3. Patron can check personal record online at any time (what books
out, when due, etc.)
4. Patrons are given receipt with due dates.

So can anyone think of any reason that we should mess with LE?  I
can't, but am willing to listen.  I realize that some might prefer RSS
feeds to email, but.....

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA