[Web4lib] Flash applications on library websites

Vince LaMonica vjl at cullasaja.com
Fri Dec 16 22:01:09 EST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Amy M Ostrom wrote:

} enhance the library website somehow.  I am curious if any other libraries are
} currently using Flash for either interface (not just moving logos, maybe a
} comprehensive navigation system) or learning objects so I can get a feel for

Just a word to the wise, and perhaps you are already planning this, but
please do make sure that you give patrons a secondary, and easily visible,
way to navigate your site, if you decide to use Flash for navigation
elements. Though few, there are those that disable Flash, or don't have it
installed, and making something as important as site navigation available
only via Flash-based links, may cause some people to ignore your site

If this was already part of your plan, then you can ignore my mini-rant.
:)

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica       Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
vjl at cullasaja.com  <*>  Wisdom is still looking in both directions.

      When there's nothing else to read: http://w3log.vjl.org/