[Web4lib] Google and privacy issues

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Tue Aug 23 18:22:47 EDT 2005

Allegedly, on Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 06:12:06PM -0400, Raymond Wood stated:
> Allegedly, on Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 03:27:59PM -0500, Sloan, Bernie stated:
> > An interesting three part article about Google and privacy:
> >
> > http://www.toptechnews.com/story.xhtml?story_id=37466
> >
> > Bernie Sloan
>
> Saw this 'google scraper' somewhere along the line:
>   http://www.scroogle.org/scraper.html
>
> It doesn't support advanced features, but it is fine for simple
> searches...
>
> Raymond

Sorry for the repeat, but I think perhaps the main URL is more
informative:
  http://www.scroogle.org/

It also mentions an alternative search engine that I had never heard of
before now:
  http://clusty.com/

Lastly, it appears there is also a 'Yahoo scraper' as well...

Raymond