[Web4lib] Google stops scanning copyrighted books

Ryan Eby ryaneby at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:58:34 EDT 2005

If you haven't already read it, Corante has been having some decent
roundups of the debate among legal folks. A new twist is whether or
not Google Print should be considered a for-profit Library or even a
library partnership. There is also discussion on whether them backing
off will end up hurting library digitization efforts in the future.
Here are the most recent entries, I recommend looking through the
archives as well:

http://www.corante.com/copyfight/archives/2005/08/15/google_print_is_as_google_print_does.php

http://www.corante.com/copyfight/archives/2005/08/15/google_print_library_shoulda_coulda_woulda.php

Ryan Eby