[Web4lib] _Candidates for RSS(sm), eFeeds(sm) and B-Feeds(sm)_

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:33:53 EDT 2005

***APOLOGIES FOR DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

_Candidates for RSS(sm), eFeeds(sm) and B-Feeds(sm)_

For a planned update this Fall, I am greatly interested in learning of additional candidates for any one of my Web feed registries

_RSS(sm): Rich Site Services_

[  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm ]

RSS(sm): Rich Site Services is a categorized registry of library services that are delivered or provided through RSS/XML, Atom, or other types of Web feeds. RSS is an initialism for RDF Site Summary / Rich Site Summary / Really Simple Syndication. In general, for each entry, the home institution library is listed, as is a hotlinked entry for the item. When available, a link to the feed, or an associated information page, is provided.

*** I am particularly interested in libraries that offer a new journal issue service using Web feeds.***

_eFeeds_

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/eFeeds.htm ]

_eFeeds(sm): Web Feeds from Electronic Journals_ is a categorized registry of electronic journals that offer RSS/XML, Atom, or other Web feeds. Publisher-specific and vendor Web feeds are categorized  in a separate category.

_B-Feeds(sm)_

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/B-Feeds.htm ]

_B-Feeds(sm): Web Feeds for Books and Monographs_ is a categorized registry of sites that offer RSS/XML,  Atom, or other Web feeds, to compilations, directories, lists, reviews, or other relevant sources for/or about  academic or scholarly books or monographic works.

I would also appreciate learning of key/substantive publications about the applications and implementations of Web feeds not currently listed in the companion bibliography to RSS(sm); I am particularly interested in literature relating to library uses.

RSS/Web Feeds _General Bibliography_

[  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/GenBib.htm ]

Regards,

/Gerry