[Web4lib] improving Database login w/EZproxy

Karen Davis kdavis at lawrence.lib.ks.us
Wed Aug 3 10:44:09 EDT 2005

I'm pondering how to improve our database login process and am not the person working with EZProxy, so I thought I'd post some questions here for those who are more knowledgeable.

Currently, the way we have EZproxy set up is as follows:

Whichever db is selected, it must pass through a single logon.html file - so that limits the customization I want to do. Also, a patron
enters their card number only the first time they access a db. After that, selecting a db takes them directly to that db bypasing the login screen.

Question:

I would like to create *separate login pages* with descriptive information for each of the numerous databases? Would this be possible/feasible to implement using EZproxy or am I dreaming impossible dreams?

TIA

--
Karen Davis, Coordinator