[WEB4LIB] LexisNexis responds to request for direct linking...

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Apr 14 08:45:37 EDT 2005

I think that's about the same response I got from them on this subject
two or three years ago.

IIRC, Ex Libris was testing SFX five years ago, and D-Lib published one
of the first OpenURL papers (maybe *the* first? -
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1045/march2001-vandesompel>) over four years ago.
 The need to support article-level linking existed well before that;
this was just a framework to hang it on.  Full text vendors who really
make this a high priority got it done long ago.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu