dynamic table of contents generation / indexing

Beth Juhl bjuhl at uark.edu
Wed Apr 6 20:48:55 EDT 2005

Hello all -

Longtime lurker.  First time questioner.

We are looking at "best practices" for creating and maintaining a site a-z
index.  The ideal for us would be something that could periodically
generate a starting index from meta keywords that could then be hand-edited
if needed.  Has anyone out there tried either of these:

Deva Add-Ins for Dreamweaver: http://www.devahelp.com/
HTML Indexer: http://www.html-indexer.com/

Either might work for us but I keep thinking I am missing some really
obvious solution or technique that might be more elegant.  Anyone have a
blindingly obvious set of tools for doing this?  thanks!

Beth Juhl
Web Services
365 N. Ozark Ave.
University of Arkansas Libraries