student content on library web site

Piper A Martin piper.martin at wright.edu
Fri Sep 24 11:48:32 EDT 2004

Hello list members,

Has anybody on this list ever added student content to their library's web site?  One of our reference and instruction librarians proposed adding student comments on search engines, databases, or quick reference resources to the informational database connect pages on our site.  These comments would be similar to amazon.com book reviews, IMDB comments, and the like and would serve basically the same purpose; that is, letting other undergraduates know how good or otherwise they found a given resource to be for searching, emailing articles, etc.  They would be filtered through the librarian who proposed this idea in that he would assign these reviews in his library research class, read them, and then upload them to the server himself.

If you have had any experiences with this, please respond to me off list.  If there is sufficient interest, I would be happy to summarize.  Thanks in advance for your time!

Piper

Piper Martin
Reference/Web Librarian
Paul Laurence Dunbar Library