[WEB4LIB] Dreamweaver templates

ian at ik2.us ian at ik2.us
Mon Sep 6 12:56:32 EDT 2004

For myself, that error has usually occurred when I open a div tags but do
not close it prior to switching to either the DW_MX WYSIWG view or to
another application.  DW_MX gets confused and thinks I am editing the locked
portions of the code.
I.e. the following will cause an error because Dreamweaver will think the
div starts in the editable portion but ends in the locked section.

 body

 div
 #BeginEditable
 div
 #EndEditable
 /div

 /body

Even though I did not save my file, DW_MX updates the WSIWIG view when I
switch to another application.
What I do then is to always ensure I close all tags before I use the WYSIWG
view or before I switch to another application.

Regards,

Ian Chan