[WEB4LIB] Faculty involvement in web site design

John Creech John.Creech at cwu.EDU
Wed Sep 29 12:48:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Kathy Gaynor wrote:

> We are in the process of redesigning our web site
> (<http://library.webster.edu>) and are looking for effective ways to get
> faculty to participate in this project.  We held a meeting a few months ago
> for library staff in which we divided into groups and wrote down comments
> about our web site (e.g. what we liked about, didn't like about, thought of
> the visual appearance, ease of use, etc.).  We talked about the possibility
> of doing something similar for faculty but many commented that it would be
> hard to get faculty to come to such a meeting.

Hi Kathy.  Somebody probably has already pointed this out, but there's a
good article in the March 2004 (vol. 23, 1) issue of Information
Technology and Libraries titled "Designing for Experts: How Scholars
Approach an Academic Library Web Site" that might give you some ideas.

John Creech
Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509.963.1081 || fax - 509.963.3684