Faculty involvement in web site design

Kathy Gaynor kgaynor at webster.edu
Mon Sep 27 17:16:26 EDT 2004

We are in the process of redesigning our web site
(<http://library.webster.edu>) and are looking for effective ways to get
faculty to participate in this project.  We held a meeting a few months ago
for library staff in which we divided into groups and wrote down comments
about our web site (e.g. what we liked about, didn't like about, thought of
the visual appearance, ease of use, etc.).  We talked about the possibility
of doing something similar for faculty but many commented that it would be
hard to get faculty to come to such a meeting.

Have you tried similar meetings with faculty and do you have any advice on
how to get a good number of people to participate?  Are there other means
you have used to get feedback from this group of users?

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can provide.

Kathy M. Gaynor, Reference Librarian
Emerson Library
Webster University
470 E. Lockwood Ave.