[WEB4LIB] Moving from HTML4.01 to XML

Stephen_Francoeur at baruch.cuny.edu Stephen_Francoeur at baruch.cuny.edu
Wed Sep 22 15:32:45 EDT 2004

It's funny that this question should come up in my inbox just as I was
working on the coding standards section of a RFP for the redesign for our
library's website. We're considering moving to xHTML as well. To be
honest, I'm somewhat in the dark about what it all means, as I have no
expertise on the topic. But I do know that as part of the redesign of the
New York Public Library website, a great style guide was created with
sections on xHTML and its value. Here's the link to that guide:

http://www.nypl.org/styleguide/

Stephen Francoeur

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Stephen Francoeur
Information Services Librarian
Newman Library, Box H-0520
Baruch College