SAM's logo bitmap file and XP

plim at ccsf.edu plim at ccsf.edu
Fri Sep 3 00:50:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I wonder if those of you who use Comprise Technologies'
Smart Access Manager (SAM) to manage student or patron use
of public computers have any problem in locking down the
logo bitmap file. We sent our library's logo bitmap file to
the server, and it appears on our XP computers, but
disappear after certain time and leave an ugly gray page on
the screen. We have to manually go to each computer to hit
on any key to recall the bitmap file. Comprise Techologies'
tech. support claims that this is XP's problem because the
machine wants to refresh itself and there is no solution for
this problem.
If anyone has a solution for this, we would really
appreciate it if you could share with us.

Thank you in advance.

Kim Lim
Skyline College