[WEB4LIB] Downloading video clips from the web

Robert_H_Scheier at SPFLDCOL.EDU Robert_H_Scheier at SPFLDCOL.EDU
Thu Oct 21 11:40:16 EDT 2004

I went to the download video link on right side then did a right click on
the download link and chose save link as and it downloaded successfully

Bob

|         |           "Tenglund, Ann"   |
|         |           <ATENG at sbu.edu>   |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           web4lib at sunsite3.b|
|         |           erkeley.edu       |
|         |           10/21/2004 11:34  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           ATENG             |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [WEB4LIB] Downloading video clips from the web                                               |

Does anyone have any tips on downloading video clips from the Web?

We have a student who needs to capture clips from John Kerry's Web site at
http://www.johnkerry.com .  She needs to use a couple of his commercials in
her thesis (which is being done in video format).  She wrote to them and
received permission to use the commercials--in fact, they said that she and
anyone else was free to download and use anything that was there.

However, we are having no luck in saving it to disk for her to use.  We are
at the point now where we are going to have to try a digital camera to film
it while it plays on the site, but it just seems that there should be a
better way.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ann M. Tenglund
Coordinator of Library Computer Services and Library Instruction
Friedsam Memorial Library
St. Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, NY  14778
ateng at sbu.edu