[WEB4LIB] Mooter search engine

bardsley at u.washington.edu bardsley at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:17:12 EST 2004

While we're on the subject of search engines, here's another to be looked at:

http://www.kartoo.com/

You have to do a search to see how it works. It has been in development for several years and adds much more visual metadata to search hits than any search engine I've seen. I don't use it because it feels cumbersome and slow. Some people might really like it though. Among other things, you can do a broad search then slice and dice categories from it to refine it.

Mark Bardsley