[WEB4LIB] Mooter search engine

Alain D. M. G. Vaillancourt ndgmtlcd at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 11:03:59 EST 2004

 --- Terry Nikkel <Terry.Nikkel at Dal.Ca> a écrit :
A couple of simple searches show that

> Mooter has some great features, particularly clustering of related
> results.  http://www.mooter.com

I got some rather stunning results from a few searches.  Their
algorithm is quite wonderful.  I can't say the same for the
visualization they present as the first page of search results.  The
"Calder mobile" type of beads on wires is rather innocent and primary
and adds nothing to the usability of their system. Information
visualization is a vast and complex field.  They should stay away from
it instead of blundering into it, given that its use here distracts us
from their incredible asscociative engine.

Alain Vaillancourt