[WEB4LIB] RE: Moveable Type for Libraries

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Nov 8 12:13:37 EST 2004

> Yes WP is a breeze to install compared to the older MT versions. I've
> installed both systems more times than I can count and WP wins hands down
> on ease of install. The majority of the sites we host have one or the
> other running now.

I've only installed MT 2.6 and above, and I'm glad no one told me it was
hard to install. I got it going the first time in an hour. The second time,
with MT 3.1, I ran into problems during an upgrade when I decided to
incrementally upgrade files per Six Apart's recommendation. For subsequent
upgrades, I decided to export the entries, create a blog on the old install
and test re-importing, blow away the old blogs, do a fresh install, tweak
the templates, and re-import the entries. This was still a couple of hours
versus one hour.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com