ALA Testing Several "Site" Search Tools

gary price gary at resourceshelf.com
Tue Nov 2 10:45:35 EST 2004

Greetings from DC.

This might be of interest to some of you. I just noticed the info on
the ALA home page.

They're in the process of testing several site search tools.

"We are also conducting a test of several search engines from
November 1 to November 12. We have six tools to test, plus the
existing search tool already on the site as a comparison.  We have
put together a page to facilitate the testing, along with an
evaluation form so testers can provide feedback on the search tools
and “vote.” Please go to:

http://search.ala.org

to test these search engines and complete a short evaluation survey."

Btw, you can read about two new tools on the ALA site here:
http://www.ala.org/ala/news/websiteenhancements.htm

cheers,
gary

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Library Research and Internet Consulting

Visit The ResourceShelf
http://www.resourceshelf.com