[WEB4LIB] Re: Fw: Joseph Henry Press -- free online books

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 18 23:58:34 EST 2004

I think the National Academies Press is one of the great little known
treasures of online publications out there. A tremendous resource. What was
the Joseph Henry Press title that caused the scandal? Was it withdrawn or
revised?

I haven't read all the responses to the Google Scholar/Schoogle thread, but
did want to point out the existence of one interesting scholarly resource
that regular old Google already crawls: getCITED.org. Google doesn't crawl
the mirror, read-only site myLITsearch.org. I don't know how reliable the
data is on getCITED, but I know my own references are valid because most of
them were put there by me. :-) I hadn't tried this before, but mattison
site:www.getcited.org gives a half-decent presentation. getCITED works on
the Wiki principle, where members police the content and changes. You can
also, as in many wiki sites, view an audit trail of changes to individual
getCITED publications, identities and institutions by clicking on the Pub ID
timestamp hyperlink.

David Mattison
Victoria, BC, Canada
dmattison at shaw.ca