[WEB4LIB] Fw: Joseph Henry Press -- free online books

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Thu Nov 18 20:40:59 EST 2004

I link to some of them, but at the same time there is at least one John
Henry title that generated a great deal of scandal due to methodlogic
inaccuracies and questionable reporting practices. So ... be selective.
RE, Google Scholar, I tested it with some college kids homework questions,
and it failed utterly to retrieve helpful resources. Perhaps *too*
scholarly for the typical student? I'll be watching it closely as it
evolves, but am not yet persuaded that G-Scholar is as useful as G-News,
for example.

Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu