[WEB4LIB] Blog versus Plog

Oberg, Steve STOBERG at TAYLORU.EDU
Fri Jun 4 11:17:51 EDT 2004

Since we're discussing blogs and plogs, it seems appropriate to provide
a link to an entry from May 15 on Steven Cohen's Library Stuff blog:
http://www.librarystuff.net/2004/05/plogs.html

It discusses the article someone else has already mentioned from CIO
Magazine and provides some more explanation of what a plog is.
Basically my understanding of a definition for plog is that it is a
short way of saying "project weblog".  A blog, to me, is short for
saying just "weblog" which is a more generic term.  I'm excited to have
my hands in both of these, with a personal weblog (blog) as well as a
project weblog (plog) for an open source periodical management system
developed locally.  The plog allows me/us to not only share information
but invite more active participation in development among some other
libraries in our consortium who have indicated a strong interest in
utilizing this software.  I love this extension to the original blog
concept.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Electronic Resources Librarian &