Question on log file(s) for Deep Freeze users

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Mon Jun 28 21:33:02 EDT 2004

Dear Web4Libers,

This is a question for those of you using Deep Freeze.  We have been evaluating the software, and it looks like it will work very well as a replacement for the system we are currently using.  One issue I am still investigating is the availability of log files, so we can determine the success of overnight updates, etc.  So far, i have only found the console log, which the documentation says "stores information for the previous ten minutes only. Information older than 10 minutes is automatically deleted from the log."

Am I missing something, or is there really no other log file available?

I know it could be enormous, but we would gladly throw a big hard drive on the server just to hold the logs if they could be available.

Hoping for pointers from more experienced eyes, I remain

-Edward Spodick, HKUST Library Systems
 lbspodic at ust.hk