Webtrends and Analog

Elena OMalley Elena_OMalley at emerson.edu
Mon Jun 28 16:59:29 EDT 2004

Response summary:
Folks helpfully reported that Webtrends has a table called
"Most Downloaded Files." The standard configuration has this counting
pdf downloads. This will be a new statistic for us.

Someone was kind enough to run Analog and Webtrends on the same set of
sample logs for me, and his numbers showed that if I want to compare last
year's Analog Request Report numbers to something in Webtrends, Top
Pages Views are the closest match. Webtrends sometimes reports higher
numbers, sometimes lower, and sometimes the same number as Analog on
a given page, but it's usually in the same ballpark. Admittedly, it's
all imprecise, but these two reports are designed to count views on
htm(l) pages. (Or, as the case now is for us, CF doc ids.)

Many thanks to all who responded.

Elena O'Malley